Thursday, November 06, 2008

Swing States, Tendulkar, Manicure, Pedicure, Facial & Aircraft MRO

Too many things happening in my head when I finally agree to visit the parlor which is a regular hangout for Saumya. I somehow have started believing that she would want at least some semblance of aesthetic symmetry from her partner in the event tonight( I am late posting this entry by 2 days!!) as well as on the wedding night on Sunday.

So I sit down and the guy convinces me to get bleaching done as well...I thought bleaching was a term used for clothes...anyways, I will let him do that to my face. He says that bleaching would take out the blackness from my face and facial would give it a glow....did he know that when he was using the word black in somewhat of a denigrating way, thousands of people some ten thousand miles away were beginning to line up to elect a black president for the most powerful nation of the world. So he is blurbing out things and I am resigning to yeses...because now Obama is in my head...what will happen in all these swing states...i think he will pull it off in Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Pennsylvania...what about the big two: Ohio and Florida...and what about Virginia...can he pick either Indiana or North Carolina...

So all these things are happening...and this guy starts applying a thick coat of some white cream on my face...I see that I can keep my eyes open so I decide to start reading the latest edition of the magazine Tehelka. Cover story is about Sachin Tendulkar and some chap called Suresh Menon has written it. I stumble upon a pic in which Sachin is throwing the ball and the caption says something like Sachin is one of the greatest fielder of all time...WHAT THE FU@#...but such is the nonsense that flies around when people really have to evaluate Sachin, that its better that you suck up your rage and move on..

So this cream thing sits on my face for sometime and then the guy removes it...I guess that was the end of bleaching phase...in the meantime, one guy has started working on my feet...I guess the phrase that can be applied is I AM BEING MANNED!! For some random reason, I am beginning to think about the kind of manning that happens in commercial MROs...8000 man hours of work packed in a week in 3 shifts on one airplane...you can imagine the kind of buzz around that baby....too much work I guess that is making me think about these things...but really, it is becoming a situation where I cannot be manned anymore...three people are working on me and too much male breath is hanging in the air...this thing has to end soon...but it doesn't....the work is hardly worth 30 minutes but even in a fixed price thing when your solution really is not worth much, you work with a time material mindset...so anyways, I am done with this ordeal after some 60 minutes wondering how big a win Obama would rack up...

No comments: