Friday, December 05, 2008

Finally, the fine taste of Cow Urine!!!


Piss dilemma came back to hit me in a vicious way today. Our office was inaugurated in Pune today and since I and Saumya were the only couple present, we were asked to represent in the ceremonies which the priest conducted. I was fine with this role because I recently went through a big ceremony with all kind of recitals in my marriage.

So this thing started...and I am perfectly fine. Then this guy starts preparing something and everything looks fine. Milk, Curd, Honey, Ghee...and damn it...I see one more thing...some yellow liquid from a bottle...the bottle says in Hindi: Cow Urine. I am 100% sure that we would not be required to drink this mixture. Doesn't happen that way..he pours a spoonful in our hand and ask us to take it in....DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT...

I and Saumya officially are now part of that group of people in India who have drank cow urine. I used to hate that program on AXN where they would show people in Benares drinking cow urine before going to work. I would hate every bit of that episode because I really thought that it was creating an image of India that was not true( and really...as you can see in the picture..a child bathing in cow urine..that should be so rare). I was also sure that very few people have had the pleasure.Now I am sure that this problem is wide spread considering that priests are dishing it around in these kind of ceremonies.DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT...

1 comment:

Vishal Grover said...

Did you consider refusing? QED