Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ships, Father (to be) & Wife: The Real Iron Triangle

I was hoping that this blog had not been deactivated. Things have been so hectic that the complete texture has changed. Southwest people actually took advantage of this disappearance and slowly munched away my Rapid Rewards points. I don't even know what other places I have incurred damages. In Pune, I pay rent for a place which I have stayed for 3 days in last 3 months. So it is good to know that my blog is here. Let me quickly update you all about where I have been and what things have happened.

The real change started 9th November when I got married. By the time I got back from honeymoon, it was work all over the place. One bid with a defence organization which didn't go anywhere followed with trying to get some other business. In between, I helped out some folks in sales in cold cold Toledo. Nothing worked. Then things rolled a little slowly and by the end of it, we were managing delivery of some ships out of Surat. So I landed in Surat and have been here since April. Shipbuilding is said to have 3D's...Difficult, Dangerous & Dirty and I am soaking in every bit of it.

So professionally, things have been somewhat peaceful though the work is extremely complicated. We have made some progress but it is still a long long way ahead. On the personal front, life has been a roller coaster...literally. Excessive travel has made it difficult for both I and Saumya. Last 1.5 months in Surat have been the most time we have spent together with only I being away for 5 days in between. The good news is I can look forward to a new member in the family in November. Both Saumya and I are super excited about this coming baby(though Saumya would say that I have been completely oblivious to everything!!!)

How I look...very different..I have lost quite a few hair and lost some weight too. Hopefully some of it is going to come back and some would become a trade off of what came in and what went away...as they say in some hindi song..
duniya main har kisi ko mukammal jahaan nahi milta
kisi ko jameen aur kisi ko aasmaan nahi milta

No comments: