Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saurabh Gupta ko gussa kyon aata hai

...not because I am from Kumaon (Jai Kumaon) and he is from Nilgiri but because of my desire to have fun at the end of a Murphy filled day in Hazira.

The sales call was long, much longer than we expected, then our driver (my dear friend Jignesh) made his Swift (bought thanks to our monthly payout of 75,000) a chopper and we still missed the Indigo flight. Sometimes, ontime delivery can hurt!!

So we are without ticket at the Vadodara railway station and the meal I get is stale pooris with aalo ki subji. You can imagine what kind of day this is turning out to be. We somehow manage one ticket in Vadodara Express and another one in Golden Temple Mail. Saurabh was in VE which was going to leave an hour early. So I ask him to check if he can manage the TT to get me a seat in VE. He puts in all the effort to get some agreement from TT and calls me. I get on the train and tell Saurabh that I am going to tell the TT that I thought Golden Temple mail ticket was valid in Vadodara Express. You can see the horror, and the disgust on Saurabh's face. ("Kapil, you Kumaon people are like that only. If you were doing it for money, I would understand. But its not for money. It is just to trouble me") So he tells me to do whatever I want and goes to sleep.

TT comes to me and asks me to show the Golden Temple Ticket. His words verbatim: " Your friend did not tell me that you want to travel using Golden Temple Mail ticket in Vadodara Express. Is he not educated? (I feel like answering: He went to IIT but his hostel was Aravali. It happens. Hostel can have that kind of effect on you") I don't know where these kind of people come from".

I am dying to stop laughing out crazy. None the less, in the daily bustle of a consulting life, how do I tell Saurabh that this was an opportunity to play a real prank and I would do anything to not let it go.

No comments: