Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mr. Billu inherits the famous mango apetite of his father

My son calls it differently..it would probably spell like Mayngo. You know when he hollers it, he knows what he is asking for and he wants it now. Not surprising because a good mango can have that effect, even on an 18 month old. So even though I am getting ready to peal one for him in a kitchen corner, Billu would come running. He knows the smell, doesn't matter if its Safeda or Kesar or that wonder from Ratnagiri, he knows what is happening. And he doesn't know how to wait. He doesn't know that Daddy is doing it only for him. It has to happen now or it would become an incessant rant of Mayngo Mayngo Papa Mayngo.

I have 22 Ratnagiris in my bag today. Early morning I board the train from Delhi to Ludhiana, reach home, quietly put a couple of these babies in the fridge, let them shed some of their heat and then serve them to Billu...looking forward to it. For next 7 days, Ludhiana would be fine. Lets see if I can manage the next shipment of Alphonsos before North India mangoes: Dasheri and Langda take over. Thats the way you manage continuous happiness.

No comments: